Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sew happy!!

I have absolutely fallen in LOVE with sewing! I never thought in a million years that I would enjoy, much less love sewing!

I went to Just Sew Studio! and made a dress in August and I then I went to another class a couple weekends ago. I made another dress this time, with LOTS of help from Mrs. Mary-of course. We made a skirt from fabric that we chose and then sewed a tank top onto it to make a one-piece dress. Then we added a ruffle to the tank-top neckline with some left over fabric

Here is my finished product! (Excuse the quality of the picture, Brock took it with my iphone!)



I bought the belt at a little boutique type shop on the square in Gainesville. I am in LOVE with this dress!

I was so in love, that I went to Joann's on Monday and bought more fabric and then got another tank from Old Navy and made 2 more dresses!! One for me, and one for my mom! 


Here is one of the dresses that I made for mom and myself on Monday!

I also watched several videos on youtube and covered to pillows! I wanted to learn how to do pillows so I could make some for gifts for Christmas! 



I am SEW :) happy that I finally have something that I can do that is just for me!! It really is so relaxing to sit down and figure out how to make something and be proud of my finished product! 

I will keep you posted on any future projects! 


No comments:

Post a Comment