Saturday, September 10, 2011

Brock's 1st & 2nd visits to the dentist

Brock had is very 1st check up at the dentist a couple weeks ago and he did awesome! I was afraid he'd be scared or not cooperate since it was such a new experience! He totally surpassed my expectations!

He was such a big boy and did exactly what the hygienist asked, and it probably didnt hurt that she is very pretty! :)

Here are a few pictures from his 1st visit



All clean! He was so proud of his newly cleaned teeth!!


We had to make another trip back to the dentist the next week :(  He had a cavity that needed to be filled.
The doctor decided not to give a shot for fear it would traumatize him more than just putting the filling in. I was so worried because I HATE the dentist! I always have and it hasn't changed since I've become an adult! I still get the butterflies and squeeze my hands together so tight that my knuckles turn white every time I go, even for a cleaning! 
Danielle LOVES the dentist, but I swear its cause they gave her the gas every time she went! (I'd probably like it too if I had been given the gas when I was little!) 

Anyways, back to Brock! They numbed his gums with a topical cream and once he was numb, they got to work! I was sitting with my hands gripped together with sweat pouring out cause I was so afraid that at any minute, he would feel pain from all the drilling! But, much to my surprise, he never flinched! He was such a brave big boy! I was so proud of him! 

And he loved it cause all the ladies there thought he was so sweet! Which I will say, he was on his BEST manners that day and was so polite to everyone there! 

Here are the pictures from that visit!

Waiting to get started

All smiles! 



I am so happy that I have not given my fear of the dentist to Brock, and I plan to keep it that way!!!



2 comments:

  1. OH how cute! So glad he did well :-)

    Just dont use phrases like "this wont hurt" unless they're asking if it will and they wont even associate the dentist with pain :-) They're tough little boogers!

    Good for him! And you, for making it through! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I tried not to tell him anything about why we were going back, and Im glad cause I would've done exactly what you said not to say!!! They old him they were gonna get the 'buggies' out of his tooth!

    He's definitely much tougher than him mama!!!

    ReplyDelete